First off, I know that I have been seriousssllyy slacking on this blog. I am sorry about that. I started a new job and it’s been pretty crazy as you can imagine. I have been getting used to a new schedule and hitting the gym a lot more than usual. Therefore, I am exhausted once I get home. All I want to do is watch Teresa and Melissa duke it out on Housewives and lay in bed with my pup. So, naturally, I have a few topics that I would like to talk about for the next few days. I might even be posting more than once a day.
Okay, let’s get to the main topic of this blog!
The Dollar Spa…
I love making the significant other feel good, whether it’s a back scratch, head scratch, foot rub, hand massage, or full body massage. You want to make sure you are doing the best you can to relax them after a hard day at work or just from life in general.
So, all of those things got old and I wanted to kick it up a notch. I remembered my stepfather had found some smooth rocks after Hurricane Katrina and would give my mom hot stone massages once in a while.
I needed to find smooth larger rocks that people use for decoration. The first thing in mind was an arts and crafts store like Michaels or AC Moore. To my luck, I was in the dollar store at the time and I came across a mesh bag of smooth rocks. This was the beginning of what was a great surprise.
What you’ll need:
1 or 2 pack(s) of smooth rocks in assorted sizes
Baby oil and/or lotion
Boiling pot of water
- Start by boiling a pot of water on the stove.
- Bring to a boil and then add rocks.
- DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE MICROWAVE
- Let them boil to about 3-5 minutes.
- While boiling, place a wet hand towel in a large bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Carefully, take out the rocks with a large draining spoon and place inside the hot towel.
- Let them cool just a little bit before you put them directly on the skin or else they are in for an unwanted surprise. (I let them sit then when I could touch them I rubbed them in between my hands to get them the perfect temperature)
- You can rub them down with the baby oil or lotion while you are waiting for them to cool. Apply it to skin and let it soak in a bit so it is not very slippery. You want to be able to work the muscles not slide across them.
- Once the rocks feel warm and not scorching hot, you can then test them out by placing them on their back and asking if it’s too hot. Everyone can endure different heat so always test with the person.
- As soon as it feels like a good temperature, massage the rocks into the shoulders, neck, and lower back.
- If you have 2 packs of rocks, find 2 of the identical shape a size and use them together in a synchronized motion.
- Change out the used rocks for fresh ones and massage for as long as you desire.
- Last but not least, take the hot towel and wipe off the oil or lotion while massaging.